Knowsley Safeguarding Training
This page has links to safeguarding adult training offered by a range of partners across Knowsley.
Please find attached a flyer about the Transitions and Exploitation Workshop taking place on Wednesday 7th October 10am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams. Please share the flyer with colleagues who may want to join us for this event facilitated by Steve Baguley and Kay Wallace from the national Working group Exploitation Response Unit.
The Overview and Workshop will focus on the following areas:
• Different Forms of Exploitation
• Value of the National Referral Mechanism
• How It Can Be Done – Learning From Other Areas
• Adolescent Development and Trauma
• National overview – including highlighting the importance of culture change
• How they are viewed and the use of language – including victim blaming and the dehumanising language used in CE
• Need to review the understanding and application of consent including CPS guidance, Social Model of Consent and fluctuating capacity
Please click on the flyer below:
Zero Suicide Alliance
The Zero Suicide Alliance is a collaborative of National Health Service trusts, businesses and individuals who are all committed to suicide prevention in the UK and beyond. The alliance is ultimately concerned with improving support for people contemplating suicide by raising awareness of and promoting FREE suicide prevention training which is accessible to all. The aims of this training are to: enable people to identify when someone is presenting with suicidal thoughts/behaviour, to be able to speak out in a supportive manner, and to empower them to signpost the individual to the correct services or support.
Please click on this link
The link below takes you to the Knowsley Workforce Development Strategy which includes courses you can apply for and how to do so: