Faith and Voluntary Sector
Below are a couple of useful links for each of the areas. There are other organisations available and if you know of anyone and would like their details added please contact us.
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) offers some guidance and case studies in relation to safeguarding in faith groups and communities here:
The Government has issued guidance for those with safeguarding duties within charities here:
Knowsley Community Services
Advocacy Together Hub Knowsley
Advocacy Together Hub Knowsley brings together all advocacy services in Knowlsey and provides a single point of referral. Our phone line and email will be answered by a duty advocate who will be able to provide information and guidance about all advocacy services and who can access them. If you think you or someone you are supporting may need advocacy support, please contact our local team and we will be happy to help.
Supporting, encouraging and developing voluntary action and charitable giving and bringing people together.
LCVS (Liverpool Charity and Voluntary Services) was established in 1909. We work to improve the wellbeing of individuals and communities in Liverpool.
Please click on the link below:
Sefton Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) is an independent registered charity with a borough-wide brief to assist and support voluntary community and faith sector (VCF) activity across Sefton, Merseyside.
Our mission is to promote and assist voluntary, community and faith (VCF) sector activity.
Our vision is to develop a vibrant voluntary, community and faith sector that encourages and supports independent, resilient and sustainable communities.
Our key activities are to:
- Provide support services to the VCF sector.
- Promote partnerships within the sector, and between the VCF sector and other sectors.
- Provide a channel through which the VCF sector is represented.
- Develop new ideas, strategies and organisations.
- Support and develop volunteering opportunities.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access, and the value of diversity.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Put Sefton people, places and organisations at the heart of what we do.
- Be open and fair in our transactions.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for our actions.
- Promote equality, diversity and cohesion through our activities.
- Support the most vulnerable people in our communities.
- Seek solutions, not problems.
- Be prepared to listen and learn.
- Operate ethically, honestly and with the highest standards of integrity.
- Please click on the link below:
Community Action: Wirral
Welcome to Community Action: Wirral, where we are about Connecting People and Creating Change.
Community Action: Wirral promotes, supports, engages and involves the amazing work happening in and around Wirral communities. We can help you engage with local communities whether you are part of a community, charity, group, company or an individual looking to make a difference!
We aim to keep you up to date with everything that is happening in Wirral’s third sector, from community events to funding that you might be able to access. Part of our work is to help connect community groups to local volunteers, which can help make your community thrive.
Voluntary and Community organisations play a vital role, creating opportunities and Connecting People to participate in community life and to support each other, and Creating Change in the lives of people in the community and those community organisations.